Skip to main content

Initial Blog Post (#0)

     My name is Casey Higgins and I am just starting my junior year at Florida State. I attended Santa Fe College in Gainesville, FL during my sophomore year and The University of Mississippi when I was a freshman. I have lived in a number of different states across the country due to my father being in the Marine Corps while I was growing up and I still love to travel. I spent this past summer working at a summer camp in Suring, Wisconsin and, while here, I finally realized that what I truly want to do when I am older is work with children. Upon my arrival in Tallahassee, I immediately met with my advisor to inquire about what steps I need to take in order to pursue a degree in Special Education and am currently working towards that.
     In regards to educational technology, I do not have much experience. In fact, I still have some difficulty with setting up projectors and other equipment of that nature. However, during my time spent at The University of Mississippi, I became familiar with a clicker device that allowed students to electronically answer questions from their seats at different times during lectures and found that it was a very advantageous system. Additionally, I have taken classes that involved the use of Smart Boards and, though I do not yet know how to work them, I understand that they are very beneficial to the classroom.
     There are a number of things that I hope to achieve in this class. First, I would love to gain a deeper understanding of the types of technology that I will be utilizing if I am to use it in a teaching environment. Second, I would really love to receive an "A" in this class. I am a hardworking student and typically stay caught up with all of my school work so I have high hopes for this goal. Finally, I hope to simply enjoy my time spent learning in this class, as well as in all of my other classes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Design" - Piktochart

Link to Voice Thread presentation: https://voicethread.com/share/13207287/ For this Independent Learning Project I decided to focus on the "Design" aspect. After hearing such great things about the program Piktochart I decided to check it out. It took me no time at all to figure out how to use it. After arriving at the site, choosing what to create, and then selecting a layout and theme, I was off! It was not long until I had completely finished what I was creating; an announcement for the Halloween party that "my class" would be having this week. I found this site extremely easy to navigate and would definitely use it again and recommend it to others. https://create.piktochart.com/output/42036458-untitled-infographic